2012年11月19日月曜日

Today I had my first midterm. I think it went alright. I wish I had more motivation to study, but I think I'm burnt out. I put a lot of effort into class freshman and sophomore year. I just want to relax and learn at my own pace here. So far, that pace has been very slow (haha). But eventually I'll start to become more studious maybe...Overall today was long and cold. I wish they used heaters more often here in Japan; my classrooms were so cold! I just wanted to go to sleep the whole day. Mondays really are the worst >.<

So I think I'm going to help teach English starting this week. One of my program directors (she's Japanese) takes jazz voice lessons every month or so. Before I told her I was interesting in going to some jazz cafes or clubs (I still haven't gone yet sadly...), and the other day she mentioned that her jazz teacher was interested in having English lessons. So I guess another person on the program (one of my friends!) and I are going to help teach her alternating every other week. I've never taught English before, so I'm not really sure what to do, but I hope it goes well! I might even try to get jazz singing lessons if I can...lol

This Friday and Saturday I'm going to my host mom's hometown for a BBQ at her parents house there. I'm pretty excited! It sounds like the food will be good and that there will be a lot of people. I'm so glad I'm getting to experience so many things with my host family!~

I'll write about Hakone some time soon too! It was a lot of fun!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿