2012年12月22日土曜日

Winter Break Starts Now!

Yesterday my host family had a mini-Christmas party! It was pretty fun and I got to invite my friend Becky over which was nice. We were both still pretty exhausted from the club, but still had some good conversations with my host family and their friends. One topic that kept coming up was about boys and Christmas (HAHA). Like I've mentioned before Christmas is more of a couple holiday here, so they were pretty adamant about us experiencing Christmas Japan style. Too bad it's impossible to get a date by then, but I'm planning a trip to see more illumination (even though I've pretty much seen enough already) and invited a lot of people, so that's what I'll be doing my Christmas Eve! I also received a package from my mom the other day filled with Christmas gifts for my host family and me. I'm so excited to open gifts on Christmas!

Today I had one stupid Japanese class (I wish i was actually motivated to study Japanese more here...kinda ironic since I use it every day) and then went shopping for Christmas gifts for my host family. I got my host parents wine (I wanted to get more but honestly have no idea what they would like other than alcohol, coffee, and good food) and my host brother a little guitar with a character from a show he likes (I also wanted to get him something more exciting/educational, but everything I liked was super expensive). I wish I could feel more excited about break, but I actually am pretty busy with work and other plans. I really wanted to travel, but it doesn't look like that is going to work out...Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to Atsugi for a little Christmas gathering at my host mom's home town. Looking forward to having a completely lazy day!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿