2012年12月12日水曜日

One presentation down! Two more to go!

Tonight I got to eat dinner with one of my Japanese friends I haven't seen in a while. She was one of the helpers we had during orientation from Niji (she's also the one who had studied abroad in New Buffalo), and we had planned to go to this umeshu (plum wine) bar together way back then. And today we finally were able to go! We had both been/both are pretty busy recently, so we hadn't gotten a good chance to sit down and talk. So I was really excited to go out to eat/drink with her. The restaurant was awesome. There was literally a wall filled with umeshu bottle. For about 1000 yen, you could get as much as you wanted (self served) for about 100 minutes. We were able to try a lot! And the food was really good too! Steamed(?) vegetables and some meat as well. We also got to talk a lot and catch up on each others lives (all in Japanese!). After we were done there we walked to an area called Kagurazaka (I think) which has a lot of delicious looking restaurants and cafes! I'm so glad we were able to hang out tonight!

This next week is going to be crazy, but I'll do my best!~

Beautiful wall of umeshu

1 件のコメント: