2012年9月30日日曜日

Goals!


Also, I've yet to do a goal page. I've never been a goal-setter kind of person, but I should really take the time to think about my long term goals some more. Here are some goals I have now though:

-Obviously my first goal is to have fun. So far that has been accomplished. To me having a good time is probably my most important goal. Sounds silly right? But think about it, if I'm not having a good time, then why am I here? I may learn things if my time here is just mediocre or bad, but I'm definitely going to learn more if I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

-I also want to experience as much as I can here. I know that's pretty broad (and that not everything I'll experience will be fun), but I have no idea what I want to do in the future, so who knows when I'll be here again.

-Become better at Japanese. I'm sure this would happen even if it wasn't one of my goals.

-Make good friends and become close with people! This has also already happened too (TEAM), but I really want to find more people that I can truly connect with. I do want to have fun with friends, but I don't want to have a lot of shallow relationships.

-Join a club or two at Waseda! I've already joined the international club Niji no Kai, but I want to join a smaller club as well. There are so many clubs here it's hard to choose, but I have some in mind.
-Travel. I want to travel throughout Japan and hop over to Korean or another Asian country if I can.

-Take shorter showers. I've been trying to shorten my showers here, but I still feel like they are pretty long in comparison with my host family's shower time. I don't want to waste water or time!

Like I said, I've never really been a goal setting type of person, so this is what I've got. Instead of having rigid goals, I've always had general ideas of what I want. I try to go with the flow~~~   

2 件のコメント: