2012年9月17日月曜日

The Days Are Going By So Fast!/I Wish I Could Write Better Posts!

Last night I was able to sleep the whole night without waking! Yay! Though I'm still a bit jet-lagged. Anyway, breakfast here at the hotel is always great. Free food is always great. Money goes by so fast here (and it's mainly been used for food and drinks). I'm just waiting till I open my bank account and get my scholarship money! So excited for that.

Today for orientation we had a language/cultural session. Most of the language stuff we went over was all review, but some of the cultural things (table manners, about futons, etc.) were informative. There was something like a farmers market fair (but not really) happening on the Waseda campus. It was pretty lively and I got yakisoba with some Team members. We walked around a bit and ended up buying some peaches at this one stand. The worker there was really nice and gave us free grapes! We were all surprised.



After orientation a couple of us signed up to go to the director's apartment to see where she lives in case we ever need to go there. She had snacks and drinks for us there, and sumo was on tv, and it was nice to get to chat with her for a bit. She also took us back to our hotel using the last street car in Tokyo! At this point I was pretty spaced out, but I tired my best to remember the directions we took so I can explore the part of Ikebukuro we went though another day.


A couple of the Team members got together for dinner. I had a mushroom salad and these tiny steak pieces. Both were delicious! The food was so good! I definitely enjoy going out in smaller groups to do things. It doesn't take as long, and it's easier to get seated. I also felt somewhat accomplished that we were able to find a restaurant and order all by ourselves! After dinner we went back to the hotel and tried to figure out what classes to take. Which was an ordeal. I think I've decided what I want to take, and if it all works out, I will only have classes four times a week! So I hope I'm able to get into all the classes I want.

I'm pretty tired now, so I'll probably go into more detail about all this later!~

1 件のコメント:

  1. Don't worry about your posts, they are fine. It is just exciting and interesting to hear about your day. We understand you are tired. Lots of LOVE- mom

    返信削除