2012年9月25日火曜日

Dancing and Cell Phones!

Today I woke up to the sound of crows. Have I mentioned yet how scary the crows here are? Seriously, I would not want to be attacked by one. They are huge.

Anyway, breakfast was cereal, dorayaki (my host brother and I went to the conbini together), and yummy coffee that my host mom made. My host family had tickets for a baseball game tonight, so I didn't see them again till later. During breakfast hm (host mother) plays this Japanese and English learning tape for my hb (host brother). So while he gets to learn some English words, I also get to learn some Japanese vocab. Around 9 everyone had left for work and day care, so I was on my own. I headed off to Waseda around 10:40ish/11. It was my first time alone riding the train, but my route to school is pretty simple and not too long thankfully! I ate lunch with Team members and other at Mos Burger (a Japanese fast food chain). It was pretty decent for fast food!

I also ended up going to my first 100円 shop today with some Team members! It was great! I was able to buy notebooks, folders, scissors, and a stapler for all under 700円! After that we stopped by a bookstore that was close by. Apparently in Japan a lot of that fashion magazines come with a free bag or wallet! it was fun checking out all the possible free gifts. We decided that every month we have to go to the bookstore to see what gifts are available. On the way back to campus we discovered a 100円 conbini which will definitely be useful in the future since we are one out own for lunch. We also had short interviews in Japanese today. At the end of the year we will be interviewed again to see how much we have improved. I was able to understand pretty much all the questions, but my answers were pretty short.

Today we were supposed to receive our cell phones at four. Everyone was anxious and excited. Since we had some free time, a couple of us stretched and danced for a bit. I pulled out all of my moves. It was a lot of fun! The cells phones were pretty late (we got them at 6:30). Mine is light pink! I'm so excited about my first smart phone! It doesn't seem too hard to use, and there are so many useful apps on it! I have skype and I downloaded some free calling/messaging programs (line, viber) so if other people (in the states, etc.) get those apps too then we can call for free!

I was pretty tired when I got home, but I sat and had some wine and talked with my hf and hb (who is still pretty shy around me). He invited me to come with them to Akita for a couple of days next month. I would have to skip some school, but since I want to travel a lot, I really want to go!

Anyway, I'm pretty tired now, and still have some things to do before I go to bed, so I'll end here! Tomorrow is Kamakura!~

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿