2013年1月13日日曜日

We Can Do Cheese

Thursday I started English teaching again. It's pretty cool to teach English to a jazz singer. I only had one class Thursday but it was over three hours long and yeah...just too much. Went out to eat with my friend Jhanus and some Japanese friends who are in the club we are in (and who also might be coming to the Philippines/Korea with us?)

Friday I woke up and finalized plans for Kyoto and Osaka with my host mom. I'm so glad she helped research travel packs for me! After that I played with building blocks with my host brother. Sometimes when we play together I don't know who is haivng more fun...haha. My host family is in Nagano for the weekend. I could have gone with them but really needed to plan stuff for the Philippines and Korea/save money.
For lunch went to a curry place with Becky called Curry Up in my neighborhood. Some of the best curry I've had here. Next we went to a cafe called Lapaz which is also in my neighborhood. The drinks/cake was a bit pricey, but the atmosphere there is great and the bathroom is crazy (it's all white and has cool architecture  I felt like I was Alice in Wonderland). Got some homework done there thankfully. After that continued to walk around my neighborhood (Harajuku, Omotesando, Jingumae area). Really love where I live. Checked out some 2nd hand shops/thrift stores that had some of the ugliest sweaters I've ever seen. Too bad the best ones were like over $20...oh Japan. Thrift stores here are always thrifty...For dinner we went to this samgyapsul place (kinda like Korean BBQ). Started talking with the workers there which was fun. They ended up giving us free face masks, nori, and put cheese on our dokbokki even though it wasn't on the menu when we asked if they could (at first the waiter was like no we don't have cheese dokbokki, but then the chef was all like you want cheese? we can do cheese). Oh, and before that we stumbled across a vintage American toy shop! Polly Pocket and Barbies! It was a bit creepy though...haha

Delicious cake

This cafe is so cool!~

All the ugly sweaters


Saturday class was horrendous as usual. Afterwards met up with everyone at Dre's to plan for Philippines and Korea. So excited. Haven't bought the ticket yet but know which one I want. We reserved a hostel in Seoul though! These next two months are going to be crazy! Also went to the gay bar (LOL) again with Jhanus and some other friends from our program. Made some new friends and got to see our bartender friend for a bit! After that ate at a family restaurant and went to karaoke. So tired. Went to bed around 6:30, got up at 2 (and woke up like five times in between that). Trying to finish some more homework today so it's not all pilled up later...also going to the samgyapsul place again for dinner? Haha. Today I've been in Japan for four months. Crazy. I've made so many great memories so far. AND MY BROTHER IS COMING TOMORROW YAY!~

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿