2012年10月28日日曜日

Karuizawa

So this weekend was the Karuizawa retreat. I was pretty excited for it beforehand. I was excited to get to be together with my whole program again. I was excited to travel to a new place. I was excited to learn more about the one month practicums during February. But then I actually got to Karuizawa. And it was cold. Oh so cold. Akita was cold too. But this was a different kind of cold. A bone chilling death horrible too cold to be fun cold. But that would have been okay. I could have dealt with it being cold outside. Except for it was cold inside too. I should have been prepared for the lack of central heating in older buildings. I should have packed more layers. But I wasn't and I didn't. Basically because I was freezing my ass off the whole time (even after borrowing sweaters and gloves from a friend) the trip was not really that fun. I mean, some parts were okay, but I just didn't have that great of a time. And since I'm still recovering from being sick, I wasn't too lively either. And having to share a (cold) room with thirteen other girls wasn't that much fun either.
Karuizawa, you pretty much disappointed me...

2 件のコメント:

  1. So sorry to hear of the cold! Hope your return to Tokyo warmed you up and that you are getting some rest. Wish I could give you big bear hugs! And steaming hot chocolate! Love & Warmth!

    返信削除