2013年6月1日土曜日

Annnnddd It's Already June.


Let's not talk about how it is already June...

Anyway this week was pretty normal. School, hanging out with friends, getting into a 2 year anniversary party at this Umeshu bar. Wait what? Oh yeah, so that was pretty awesome actually. 
This is what a semi-swanky party looks like at a bar
Okay so I had had plans for a while to take a friend to this Umeshu bar (still don't really know the real name, just we all call it the umeshu bar) I had been to a few times before. So the two of us arrive at the bar, and to our surprise a party was going on! So we sorta hovered around the door for a while wondering if we could get in. And since the door was glass, we were noticed haha. Anyway so this guy comes out and we tell him that we didn't know about the party, blah blah blah, and he tells us that the two year anniversary party of the bar being open was that night but since we came all the way there he told us that we could get in for 5,200 yen for all you can eat/drink. And they had some like super rare/expensive umeshu that was all you could drink as well. We responded that since we were college students that was a bit expensive to which he told us we could then get in for 4,500. We still weren't really sure about spending that much money, so we left the building and talked about going somewhere else. But in the end since we had finally come there, and we both had money and didn't mind spending it that night, we went back in.

So here we are at this semi(?) exclusive party. And since it was all you could drink/eat we did exactly that, drink and eat. Since we both really like umeshu and food, we were pretty happy. We were especially happy about the expensive/rare umeshu that we got to drink since it was pretty delicious. There was also live music going on too! We also ended up talking to a lot of random people (got so many business cards that night) and were even a part of their commemorative photo (even though we had nothing to do with the bar haha). We also learned that the guy who had told us to come in was the owner of the place! As the party was ending we decided we really liked one of the more expensive umeshus and thought we would ask if they had any for sale. Sadly we were told that they didn't have it for sale, but then the owner was like, "Why don't you take home this bottle for free!" At first we did the whole, what nooo we can't take it for free thing, but in the end we actually got to take this more than halfway full huge bottle of umeshu that costs around 3,300 yen a bottle!!!

The owner, my friend, me, and umeshu!~
So even though it was a bit pricey to get in, we ended up getting a free bottle of umeshu! I'm so glad we went that night! Haha :)

The next day I didn't have class (thankfully) so I went out to eat a late lunch with Becky in Harajuku at our favorite pancake place Sunday Jam! I got the Green Pancakes which included pancakes, zucchini, avocado  pesto, garlic butter, and sauce. So. Good.

Just looking at the picture makes me want to eat it right nowwww!

Friday I had class, which is becoming so hard not to skip. Let's just talk about how usually I would have summer vacation right now, so going to class when the weather is beautiful is so hard. It's also hard when the class you have to go to is pretty much complete bullshit. One of my one credit Japanese classes is such a mystery. Literally, no one in that class has any idea what the hell is going on. We once had to graph what we thought a chameleon's feelings would be...yeah. But the teacher is super nice so at least there is that.

I had plans to go bowling later in the evening with friends, but I was free after 2:30 so I just hung out with friends in the Niji lounge. And then we started playing hide-and-seek. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it before, but one day I just decided I wanted to play hide-and-seek, and since then sometimes when we are all free we just play hide-and-seek in random places around campus. Sometimes we even play in the club room, which is hilarious, because there aren't real places to hide to everyone just hides in the silliest ways and the person who is "it" just pretends not to see them. Hilarious.

Sometimes we play outside!

When we play inside we have to get creative like this.


And this.
Even when we play outside we have to get creative!

This was the most intense hiding place/position ever. 

Since we played hide-and-seek a couple of times we worked up quite an appetite, so we went to eat abura soba which is probably pretty bad for your health but incredibly delicious. I'm going to miss abura soba so much...
And then we went bowling!! I was pretty exhausted by then, so I didn't play my best, but it was a lot of fun!
And since the game center was on the floor below the bowling alley, we took purikura too! My goal was to take purikura 20 times in Japan!
I'm pretty sure this was either the 15th or 16th time!~
After hanging out there for a while we somehow had energy to walk to Shin-Okubo and eat papingsu!~
Pretty great start to the weekend!
Tonight I'm having dinner with people from Earlham and the professor who will be teaching our comps course next semester!
And Sunday is the famous baseball game between Waseda and Keio!

Oh! And did I ever mention I'm doing another night hike in Tokyo!? This time I planned it! We are walking from Waseda to Tokyo Skytree, then to Tokyo Tower, and then back to Waseda!~


1 件のコメント: