2013年3月10日日曜日

Back in Tokyo!~

Wow, what a crazy day. What a crazy few days haha.

It feels so good to be back in Tokyo. I feel like I'm home. The night bus was...well wasn't fun. I barely got any sleep; 2-3 hours at most (a 10 hour ride by the way). Got in to Tokyo around 6am. Since my luggage was heavy/I was tired/I only live about 15 minutes from Shibuya station (where we arrived) I took a taxi home. I thought my host family was still asleep when I got in, but my host dad was either awake/woke up when I came back and told me おかえり or "welcome back," which made me feel like I was home again.

I did some unpacking and then fell asleep until 8:30ish when I decided it was time to get up/could hear that everyone was up. At first I was a bit nervous to go into the living room and talk to my host parents since it had been so long, but once we started talking it felt like I never left. I told them a bit about Shimane and they told me a bit about their last month. Things had actually been a bit rough for them/still are. There was some drama that went down at their company, and my host dad's dad became more senile/hard to deal with. Actually the today was mainly spent figuring out what to do with my host dad's dad. He had spent some time in an old people's home, but hated it/felt paranoid staying there.

A lot happened today, but the short version is that I had brunch with my host mom and host brother, played baseball with them in the park since the weather was nice, took it easy at the apartment for a bit/played some more with my host brother/had an afternoon nap/avoided that crazy wind/pollen storm that was going on outside, had pasta for lunch (ate breakfast at around 10, lunch at around 3, I was dying haha), played Life for a bit, picked up my host dad's dad and had dinner, talked and drank a lot, came back and watched some baseball, took a wonderful shower, and am now trying to figure out what I want to bring to the Philippines and Korea.

It feels so great to be back in Tokyo. At first it was a bit of a culture shop being surrounded by tall buildings and fashionable shops and people. But I'm so glad to be back for a bit before I travel. I'm not sure what's going to happen with my host family and my host dad's dad (we might end up moving) but  whatever happens I think it will work out in the end. I really love my host family here; they feel like a second family and make me feel like I am really a part of their family. It was great to catch up and it felt so nice to be able to easily communicate. It also felt really great to realize that I was missed a bit. My host dad told me that things seemed to brighten up again since I have come back. And it was so cute to see how glad my host brother is to have me back. We played a lot today and he always wanted to be around me whether we were at dinner or at home.
I'm glad to be back!~
I promise to write more about Shimane after my travels!

1 件のコメント:

  1. Glad you are safely back! Best wishes to your host family for easy answers : ) Love, love!

    返信削除