2013年5月16日木曜日

Watarium and Samgyopsal!

So today was a pretty awesome day for the most part. After class and lunch I went to the Harajuku area with Becky to hang out. It had been a while since I was last there, so I was glad to go back! To be honest I miss living in that area...anyway got a pair of summer shoes and bought too many clothes. OH and also, discovered that there are now Slurpees at the 7-11s in Japan!!! (at least the one in Harajuku!) Like, I can't even describe how surprised I was. When I first got to Japan I was like "There are so many 7-11s but no Slurpees..." which made me really sad. When I talked to my host dad about it before, he said they used to sell Slurpees back in the day but they weren't popular so they stopped selling them. But apparently they are back, and cheap! Okay, so actually they Slurpees here aren't as good as the ones in the States, but still it was pretty good. And perfect for summer.

Beautiful.
After we finished shopping (which took forever since I found a million things I wanted to try on) we went to the Watarium art museum in Jingumae (located on the street I used to live on!) I had been there before for a different exhibit, but there was a new exhibit featuring the work of this artist called JR that I wanted to check out. And I'm so glad we did since we got to participate in the art project! With the museum ticket (which was only about 600yen for us students) we got to take one picture (and have it printed) taken to be a part of the Inside-Out Project!! So cooool!~
Here are some links about it: http://www.insideoutproject.net
http://www.jr-art.net




After that we met one of the new spring study abroad students and one of our Japanese friends to go eat at our favorite samgyopsal restaurant (our fifth time there!!)!! We hadn't been there since before February, so it had really been a long time. But even so, the chef there still remembered us! And as usual, he gave us free food. A delicious fluffy egg thing with vegetables in it. I can't even describe how good it was. We also just chatted with him for like 20 minutes or more after overeating. I really love that place. One of my goals was to become a regular at a restaurant in Tokyo. Even though we aren't technically regulars since we don't go there often enough, the staff treats us like regulars and are super nice. Definitely going there some more before I head home!~

1 件のコメント: